Saturday, May 13, 2017

Wicked Sensations

Friday Comic Book Day.

From the same stash of the British weekly TV 21 Century as the Daleks story I showed you ealrier this week, comes a long story with characters from the Gerry Anderson puppies series Stingray. It is drawn by Ron Embleton, who might be better know from his Little Annie Fanny imitation Wicked Wanda. I personally first saw his work when he did a fill-in story for The Trigan Empire for Don Lawrence, which I read when I was a kid. His 'glowing' colors seemed extra special to me, although in later years it seemed a bit like an unnecessary trick. He certainly wasn't the master story teller Don Lawrence was.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Stingray. I've still got all my comics

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I have revisited Embleton while doing the dossirs for the dutch reedition of The Trigan Empire. I must say, he as a lot better than I remember or give him credit for here. Especially his year long run on Wrath of the Gods.