Monday, May 22, 2017

Like Shooting Fish Without Fish

Monday Cartoon Day.

I have shown work by Hank Barrow before, mainly the political cartoons he did as a staff member op Associated Press in the early forties (from my own scans, even). But the best thing he did by far must be Things To Come, his humorously drawn but quite seriously written look into the future. Few papers carried it and I in all of my collecting days I naver was able to get more than a few samples - and even then they were always on the bac of something else and not noted by the seller. If anyone knows of any collection of these anywhere, I'd love to know. Here is another one that turned up on the back of something.


And here are some more of his cartoons I had prepared earlier.


Follow the link for more!

No comments: