Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Where's The Fire?

Tuesday Comic Strip Day.

I never was a big fan of Smokey Stover. I guess having a recommandation from Harvey Kurtzman for being the funniest strip ever is hard to live up to. It wasn't until I learned about Bill Holman's 'other' strip (ctually a topper strip to Smokey), the mostly silent cat strip Spooky, that I learned to appreciate this screwball master. Now I can enjoy Smokey too, but Spooky remains my favorite. Here are some early samples of both.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny strips.

There's a site which contain more Smokey Stover strips that I hope you'll like:

http://www.smokey-stover.com/

Ger Apeldoorn said...

I can also recommend Paul Tumey Screwball Comics blog. Paul knows what he is taliking about and he knows how to write.